SAC Community-At-Large Representative, Now Accepting Applications
- Wednesday, 11 July 2018 15:25
- Written by Samone Wilson
As part of the strategic plan, Hattiesburg Public School District will continue to foster partnerships that support student achievement and school success. The Superintendent’s Advisory Council (SAC) is a representative body that will communicate on a variety of important topics raised by the Superintendent, SAC members and stakeholder groups. The SAC will advise the Superintendent on policy matters as they pertain to topics discussed at the SAC meetings. Meetings are generally held during the school year, on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the Central Office Boardroom.
The role of the Superintendent’s Advisory Council members will be to:
• advise the Superintendent on issues, decisions and/or policy matters impacting the district,
• be informed about the background, rationale, and decision-making processes made by the district throughout the year,
• communicate issues and concerns raised by various stakeholders as represented by the Superintendent’s Advisory Council members,
• share the district’s vision/mission with a variety of representative groups, and
• accurately represent Hattiesburg Public School District.
One Community-at-large representative per ward will be selected annually to serve on the Superintendent’s Advisory Council. Community-at-large members must be residents or taxpayers of the Hattiesburg Public School District or own a business, company, or institution located within the district. Anyone interested in serving on the council as a Community-at-large representative should complete the application below and submit it to Central Office at the address or fax number listed on the back of the form. All applications must be received on or before August 1, 2018.
Community-at-Large Representative Application