Marcus Cathey, President
Stella Mackabee, Secretary
Eric K. Steele
HPSD Public Record Request Process & Policy
Today’s Learners, Tomorrow’s Leaders!
The Hattiesburg Public School District is a model teaching and learning community that graduates productive and caring citizens who are prepared to succeed.
The mission of the Hattiesburg Public School District is to educate all students to become productive citizens of a dynamic, global community.
1. Academic Achievement: Every child is supported and nurtured with a systemic process to reach their full potential.
2. Parent and Community Engagement: School, parents and the community function as a team to support a learning community.
3. Safe and Orderly Schools: Maintain a learning environment that is conducive to high performing schools.
4. Accountability: Employ effective and efficient accountability systems that evaluate the academic, operation and fiscal performance of the school district.
- We believe in ALL children achieving at high global academic standards.
- We believe students are the central focus of all school district activities. We value and have high expectations for them.
- We believe that our staff is the core of the district. We value, support, and expect high levels of performance from them.
- We believe in providing a physically and psychologically safe learning and working environment.
- We believe in cultivating leadership in educational matters throughout the district and community.
- We believe in strategically allocating resources to enable students to learn at high levels.
- We believe in providing a wide range of academic and extracurricular opportunities and experiences for our students.