During the HPSD Board of Trustee's Meeting on Tuesday, November 10th, The First Bank located in Hattiesburg, MS presented the Hattiesburg Early Learning Collaborative with $350,000.
According to The First Bank, the purpose of the act is to provide funding to local communities and to establish, expand, support, and facilitate the successful implementation of quality early childhood education.
The funds will support programs specifically at the following schools within the Hattiesburg Public School District:
• Grace Christian Elementary, 2207 West Seventh Street, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
• Hawkins Elementary, 526 Forrest Street, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
• Rowan Elementary, 500 Martin Luther King Drive, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
• Thames Elementary, 2900 Jamestown Road, Hattiesburg, MS, 39402
• Woodley Elementary, 2006 O’Ferral Street, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
The Hattiesburg Early Learning Collaborative is one of only 18 early learning collaboratives in Mississippi. It is the largest early learning collaborative and is funded to serve at least 329 preschoolers. All 20 HELC classrooms are provided with the same resources, assessments, high-quality curriculum, and experienced teachers. Our Collaborative is dedicated to ensuring that Hattiesburg preschoolers are ready to succeed in kindergarten and beyond.