HELC Tax Credit
High-Quality PreK is Important
When children start school without important skills, it becomes harder and harder for them to achieve their potential without considerable intervention. Supporting the Hattiesburg Early Learning Collaborative is a direct investment in preparing Hattiesburg's youngest students! Your donation will fund resources that will significantly impact students' positive attitude toward school and love for learning.
Donating is Easy!
- Submit check payable to:
HPSD - Early Learning Collaborative
ATTN Hope Mikell
PO BOX 1569
Hattiesburg, MS 39403
- Upon receipt of the check, we will respond immediately with an acknowledgment letter. A donation certificate will follow from the Mississippi Department of Education.
- When filing taxes, simply submit a copy of the donation certificate with form 80-401.
For More information, contact Nancy McGee at Nancy.Mcgee@Hattiesburgpsd.com or 601-582-5078.
More about The State Tax Credit
- Individuals or corporations who make a contribution to support the local matching fund of an approved early learning collaborative may be eligible to receive a state tax credit for the donated amount up to $1 million.
- The Mississippi Department of Revenue can approve 1:1 tax credits up to the amount the legislature appropriates to the Early Learning Collaborative Act each year. For the fiscal year 2020, the legislature appropriated $7.79 million; therefore, the sum of the donations in this calendar year eligible for the tax credit may not exceed $7.79 million.
- Click here for tax credit general information: https://3fsbma43eimx1wle65323xcc-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/74/2020/09/tax-credit-one-pager_NEW-9-14-2020.pdf
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions: https://3fsbma43eimx1wle65323xcc-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/74/2020/09/preKtaxincentivefaq_NEW-9-14-2020.pdf