The Hattiesburg Public School District works to ensure all positions in the district are staffed with the best and most highly-qualified employees with approximately 600 employees.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for recruiting and supporting teachers from local and regional universities and colleges. The HR Department is also committed to providing excellent customer service.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A POSITION WITH HATTIESBURG PUBLIC SCHOOLS
To apply for career opportunities, click this link: https://www.applitrack.com/hattiesburg/onlineapp/
2020 Teacher Incentives
Hattiesburg Public Schools is currently offering incentives for prospective teachers certified in the following areas: Special Education, Mathematics, Foreign Language (French, German, and Spanish), and Science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics).
- Moving Incentive
- -Reimbursement maximum-$1,000
- - Critical Shortage Act (CSA) district approval
- - One time award only
- - Contact the local school district
- Housing Assistance for Teachers
- -A maximum grant of $6,000 pays closing costs for CSA teacher
- -House must be in the same county as the school district
- -Each year of service forgives 1/3 of the grant
- -MS Home Corporation at 1-800-544-6960 or (601) 718-4642 (Shelly Pollock) or www.mshomecorp.com
Hattiesburg Public Schools shall not discriminate in its policies and practices with respect to compensation, terms or conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender, height, weight, age, marital status, political beliefs, disability, or handicap which does not impair an individual's ability to perform adequately in that individual's particular position or activity.
Dr. Michael Battle
601-582-4850, ext. 1030
601-582-5078, ext. 1020
601-582-5078, ext. 1027
Audrey Gray Smith
601-582-5078, ext. 1007
Data Manager, SAM/MSIS Specialist
601-582-5078, ext. 1035